This position is responsible for making sure our pallets and built and labeled according to customer specifications. It entails reading the specifications, staging the necessary materials, stacking and labeling the pallets to meet the specification. It also entails returning unused materials to inventory. This position will move the completed pallets and assist in preparing them for shipment. Forklift certification is a plus!
What You Will Do:
- You will locate and make available to the gluers the specific corrugated cases for each job.
- You will review job tickets for packing requirements and build pallets to those specifications.
- You will need to watch for and communicate any quality problems to your manager.
- You will need to efficiently and safely transport completed pallets and help prepare them for shipment to customers.
- You will produce labels and record production numbers using a computer.
- You will break down and return all unused cases to corrugated inventory.
- You will be running multiple lines and will need to be able to multi-task.
- Your responsibilities may also include housekeeping, material handling, assisting the operator, and other work as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- Candidates must be available for all shifts.
- The current shift schedule is as follows; Monday through Thursday, day shift 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Some overtime may be required based on production needs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Paperboard folding carton industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Basic computer skills for data entry.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Forklift certification.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours.
- Be able to lift 45lbs on a regular basis.
- Repetitive lifting and bending.
- Able to pass a background check.
- You will be working with a team. It is important that you can get along with and respect others.
What We Offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding carton manufacturing business for 70 years. We believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with Company match plan after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year.
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.