The Baler Operator/Shipping Assistant maintains and operates baling equipment to bind trimmings and paper waste received from the Press equipment. Baler Operator/Shipping Assistant must efficiently collect, segregate, shred, bale, store and load all scrap materials. This position reports to the Shipping Manager.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The hours you will be required to work will be from 2:00 pm to 12:00 am, Monday - Thursday. At times, we may request that you work additional days or hours as our schedule dictates. This is a full-time position with overtime when required by the Warehouse Manager.
- Efficiently run and troubleshoot the baler.
- Understand and follow the requirements and regulations for running the baler and any other equipment you are asked to use.
- Operate a computer and prepare paperwork following reporting procedures and hazardous waste operating procedures.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment issues as they occur, then coordinate and assist maintenance personnel in completing the necessary repairs.
- Prepare daily inventory; maintain records of weights of bales produced, tagging each bale recording weight and grade on the tag.
- Segregate and store by-products materials to assure there are no mixes in any bales or shipments of other materials such as metals.
- Operate hoist equipment to move material into position for shredding, and to remove bales from balers, over scales, and to storage.
- Accurately weigh bales or other by-product material.
- Load scrap using hoist truck or by hand into specified railcars and/or trucks, preparing proper manifest.
- Communicate daily shift status and maintenance issues to coworkers and to the warehouse manager.
- Make small deliveries and pickups in company vehicles.
- Requires loading trucks with bales, finished goods, paper rolls, and transporting to the warehouse.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Forklift & Forklift Clamp experience preferred.
- Experience in shipping and operating manufacturing equipment is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Flexibility to work in different departments and adjust the schedule as production dictates.
- Background check required.
- Language Skills- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Must have the physical strength to push and move spoilage carts weighing 70 lbs. into the dumper.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- You will be working with a team. It is important that you can get along with and respect others.
What we offer:
- A stable work environment.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental.
- 401(k) and company match after one year of service.
- 80 Hours of Holidays/year and PTO.
- Education reimbursement is available after 6 months.