The Press Assistant is responsible for changeovers and keeping up with the general needs of the printing press during printing and changeover. We will consider someone with 1st and 2nd Pressman or training experience for this position. We will evaluate starting pay based on experience.
- Hang rolls of material and chop over.
- Maintain ink/adhesive at adequate levels in pumps, and at required viscosities.
- Notify material handlers and ink departments of all needs as early as possible.
- Make doctor blades as necessary.
- Fill solvent cans as needed.
- Prepare for the next job prior to completion of the current job running.
- Maintain production and MRP reports.
- Perform PM on machines.
- Report all safety-related problems and accidents to the operator.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Trash removal.
- Perform other related work required.
- Maintain and keep equipment and/or work area in an orderly manner.
- Observe plant safety policies.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Candidates must be available to work the Day Shift from 5 AM - 3 PM or the swing shift from 3 PM - 1 AM Monday through Thursday. At times, we may request that you work additional days or hours as our schedule dictates.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Paperboard folding carton industry experience preferred.
- Printing experience preferred.
- Forklift & Forklift Clamp experience.
- Able to pass a background check.
What We Offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding carton manufacturing business for 70 years. We believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with Company match plan after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year.
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.