The Folder/Gluer Machine Operator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of production for our folder/gluer machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations to keep and improve schedule requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare make-ready of the feeder unit.
- Run the initial quantity after set up to demonstrate production capability.
- Operate the folder/gluer machine for various types of folding cartons and produce quality products.
- Read and respond to scheduling software in order to define machine setup.
- Understand and practice the correct equipment operation.
- Responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly efficiency goals by exceeding established production and quality standards.
- Perform quality checks as required and report deficiencies to the Production Manager when discovered.
- Maintain machine work records and update them on a timely basis.
- Monitor equipment status and brief Production Manager as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days depend on business needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 3 - 5 years of consistent experience working with folding equipment along with a strong mechanical background.
You will be working with a team. The ability to communicate and get along with others will make you successful in this position. You should be able to read and follow written and verbal directions. Basic computer skills are required for data collection and job reporting.
What we offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding manufacturing business for 70 years. We are a family-owned business and believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with Company match plan after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year.
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.