This position is responsible for packing glued cartons into corrugated cases. You will be responsible to inspect cartons for defects and making sure the correct number of cartons are packed into the corrugated cases. You will also need to read job tickets and pull random samples based on the job instructions.
What You Will Do:
- You will make and correctly label the corrugated cases for the glued cartons.
- This position will include some sorting, housekeeping, and flat packing responsibilities.
- You will need to watch for and communicate any quality problems to QA Manager and/or Manufacturing Managers.
- You will need to efficiently and safely feed and/or pack cartons produced on high-speed gluing machines into corrugated cases.
- Regularly inspect cartons during the feeding or packing operations, to ensure the product meets customer specifications.
- Your responsibilities may also include labeling cases, manually stacking cases onto pallets, removing the waste paper from die-cut pallets, housekeeping, material handling, assisting the operator, and other work as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days depend on business needs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Paperboard folding carton industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Basic computer skills for data entry.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours.
- Be able to lift 45lbs on a regular basis.
- Repetitive lifting and bending.
- Able to pass a background check.
- You will be working with a team. It is important that you can get along with and respect others.
What We Offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding manufacturing business for 70 years. We are a family-owned business and believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with Company match after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year.
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.