We are looking to hire a Die Maker who will be responsible for using computer-assisted design (CAD)/(CAM) software to create designs and turn those designs into blueprints for the actual tools and dies. They make adjustments to the machine to control the speed, material feed, and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing a quality product. Builds and repairs machine shop tools using machining operations and measuring instruments. Works from blueprints and sketches to create or modify tools, dies, jigs and molds.
What you'll do:
- Operate various platforms of CAD/CAM software.
- Operate and perform preventive maintenance on Gerber CNC router and Adams Technologies rule processor
- Coordinate with supervisors, production planning, and outside vendors.
- Program and manufacture steel rule dies and associated tooling for Bobst die cutting presses
- Perform preventive maintenance on-die shop equipment.
- Maintain inventory of die-making supplies.
- Coordinate with supervisor and production planning to ensure tooling is ready as needed.
- Train others to operate die shop equipment, from beginning to advanced level.
- Follow company procedures and work instructions including ISO and Food Safety procedures and policies.
- Assist cutting pressman as needed on press.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work are 3 PM to Midnight Monday through Thursday. Some overtime may be required based on production needs.
What We Offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding carton manufacturing business for 70 years. We believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with Company match plan after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year;
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two years of die maker experience. Beginning workers learn by observing and helping experienced tools and die makers.