The Die Cutting Assistant is responsible to assist the Machine Operator. We are looking for someone who is hardworking and willing to learn. The Machine Operator will run the machine and your job will be to give support. That means you will learn how to prep jobs before they are run, make sure the needed materials are staged and ready to go, help with clean up and documentation. The tasks you will be asked to do are varied, you should be willing to learn about the process and pitch in with whatever needs to be done to meet the production schedule.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work are 10 PM to 6 AM Monday through Thursday. Some overtime may be required based on production needs.
- Responsible for safely and efficiently assist operating a die cutter.
- Assists Bobst Press Operator on set up of press and make ready of job.
- Stages all materials for the next job on press (printed sheets, cutting die, plate and blanking tools, platforms for loading material).
- Perform pre-make-ready duties.
- Assists Bobst Press Operator in checking sheets while the job is running.
- Takes die-cut loads to glue and stripping staging areas.
- Assists Bobst Press Operator in routine maintenance.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Help maintain the organization of plates and cutting dies.
- Assist in process improvement/waste reduction techniques.
- Follow all departmental policies, safety rules, and procedures.
- Follow all good manufacturing policies as they related to food safety.
- Time Management.
- Detail Oriented
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Ability to communicate and understand all procedures and policies.
- Ability to progress into a die-cutting operator position.
What We Offer:
All Packaging Company has been in the folding manufacturing business for 70 years. We are a family-owned business and believe that your success is our success! We provide a ladder for achievement and believe in promoting from within. We nurture progress and personal growth; We strive to provide motivation for our employees in an enjoyable work environment.
Some of the great things you will find at All Packaging Company include:
- A stable work environment with exceptional team members.
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A strong benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401(k) with Company match after 90 days of service.
- 80 hours of Holiday pay each year;
- Annual PTO begins accruing the day you start.
We also offer a Retention Bonus of $500 in 6 months and $500 more when you hit your year mark.